Saturday, October 23, 2010

Santa Fe Soup

I love making soups and stews once the cold weather hits. It is definitely a comfort food for me. Nothin' beats a hot bowl of homemade chili and a chunky slice of beer bread slathered in butter on a chilly day!

Last night I made a new kind of soup that was de-lish. I took one of my recipes from E-Mealz and adjusted it a bit and I'll definitely be making it again! Super easy and super yummy - the whole fam enjoyed it!

What you need:
* 1 lb ground beef, cooked
* 3 cans diced tomatoes
* 1 can pinto beans
* 1 can kidney beans
* 1 can whole kernel corn
* 1/2 packet taco seasoning

What you do:
Brown the ground beef in a pan and drain if needed. Add all the ingredients to a large soup pot (do not drain the cans) and heat on medium, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 min. Simmer on low heat for about 30-35 min.

Serve with corn chips and sour cream! Enjoy!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tami said...

Sounds yummy thanks! I used to have a recipe for taco soup that we loved but this sounds similar and less ingredients which is always a plus! :o)

Jen said...

Bring on the soup recipes....love this one!